About Dr. Hoskins – The Gentle Giant of ChiropracTIC
Dr. Hoskins got his exposure to Chiropractic in High School. He was on the baseball team and over-swung at a high-fast one (ok, it wasn’t that fast, but it was high school). His cousin’s father-in-law is a Chiropractor, and they deal with the spine, right, so his mom and dad packed him into the station wagon and away they went. Dr. McCann (Hoopeston, IL) treated him and he repaired quickly.
As he began his college studies, he was focused on becoming the best emergency room MD there was. However, in his due-diligence research on the next step – medical school – he found many things he did not like. Blood, stiff competition, blood, drugs, and if you didn’t catch it, blood. Anyway, his search for his profession broadened. His soon-to-be wife redirected him to Chiropractic and he began to see that all the things he liked about health care and wellness and helping people were right there, and there was no blood.
Dr. Hoskins is a firm believer in what the Bible teaches and says about all parts of life and living. Knowing that God designed and built this universe – and this body – we live in also had a huge part in him accepting the foundational Philosophical Principles of Chiropractic. As he gains more exposure to the history and philosophy of Chiropractic, the deeper he sees how well it fits in what he knows to be true about creation, and the Creator.
Another part of the story of Dr. Hoskins is his love for education, technology, and his loyalty to his family. After selling a practice in Danville, IL, in 2000, he moved to Lafayette to take a break, teach and find a place to start a small clinic focused on the client. He taught at Faith Christian School, and at Ivy Tech Community College. In 2004, his father-in-law convinced him to go into the ‘family business.’ The business had nothing to do with Chiropractic but had all to do with business, marketing and building people skills. In 2009, his father-in-law retired, and instead of taking over the business, Dr. Hoskins ventured into Rossville, IN, to start up his dream practice. In 2015, Dr. Hoskins was blessed to join with Sherman College of Chiropractic in Spartanburg, SC, as Dean of Clinic Operations and Outreach. He left that post in May of 2016 and is now establishing his private chiropractic practice on the north side of Boiling Springs, SC.
Dr. Hoskins is a certified Instructor in the American Taekwondo Association and is a 3rd Degree Black Belt. He is one of the Chief Instructors of the Black Belt Academies in Lafayette/West Lafayette along with his lifetime friend Mr. Gary McFall.
Dr. Hoskins was the “special teams” audio-visual crew member for Faith Ministries (Faith Baptist Church, Faith Christian School, Faith Community Center, Faith Biblical Counseling Ministries, Faith Global Missions, et al). He took care of special events such as weddings and school functions. Dr. Hoskins now serves as the A/V Team Leader at Cross Life Church in Spartanburg (CrossLifeSC.org).
Dr. Hoskins is married with 3 children. All 3 are out of the house and building families on their own, now.
Dr. Hoskins serves the community
- Board of Directors – Upstate Family Resource Center, Boiling Springs, SC
- Board of Directors – Mental Fitness, Inc., Spartanburg, SC
- Treasurer, Board of Directors – Community Ventures in Living, Lafayette, IN
- Executive Director – Palmetto State Chiropractic Association
- Program Chair – Grassroots Leadership Alumni Association, Spartanburg, SC
- Committee Member – Access to Health Care Task Force, Spartanburg, SC
- Committee Member – Road to Better Health – Equity Task Force, Spartanburg, SC
- Ambassador – Spartanburg Area Chamber of Commerce, Spartanburg, SC
- Boiling Springs Business Association – Member
- Technology Ministry Leader – CrossLife Church, Spartanburg, SC
- Property Manager – CrossLife Church, Spartanburg, SC
Dr. Hoskins is available to speak to your organization on any number of topics.
- He was a regular contributor to The RockStar Chiropractic Project, and his stuff can be found in the “RockRadio” area.
- Dr. Hoskins contributed to The Entrepreneurial Recipe Online, an initiative to put financial literacy back into the school.
- Dr. Hoskins can also be read on TheCoffice.biz as a special guest contributor.
- Top 5 in the “Amplify Your Voice – 2011 Talk the TIC” video competition – contest.talkthetic.com
- He also a contributed and has been interviewed by Content4Chiropractors.
- He has authored several presentations that include topics of Time Management and Mission Statements.
- Faith Church – Job Loss Support Group
- Business Professional Exchange, Lafayette, IN
my only desire,
is to finish the race
at the finish line (not earlier)
fully used up,
and wore out
and stand (or lay prone)
at my Savior’s Feet
and hear those sweet sweet words
My good and faithful servant,
enter here unto your rest.’ “